My Big Book Challenge

This summer I have set myself a challenge. On top of  the 100 books in the year challenge I have two other challenges; The 10, 10, 10 which comprises 10 books each from three different genres; Fantasy, Historical Fiction and YA and the other challenge which is the psycho crime spree. That's not as gruesome as it sounds but it means reading 10 books which are crime or psychological thrillers. Altogether I have selected fifty books (approx) which I hope to read between now and the end of the summer. I know 4*10 is not fifty but I simply could not keep the choices down to 10 for each category as there are so many books I want to read.

Historical Fiction
The Last Summer by Judith Kinghorn
Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay
The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
The Girl in the Mirror by Sarah Gristwood
Half of the Human Race by Anthony Quinn
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
The Somnabulist by Essie Fox
After Such Kindness by Gaynor Arnold
Hothouse Flower by Lucinda Riley
The Gallows Curse by Karen Maitland
The Legacy of Eden by Nelle Davy
The Sandalwood Tree by Elle Newmark
The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak
The Seamstress by Maria Duenas

Fantasy Fiction



Storm Glass, Sea Glass, Spy Glass
Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study all by Maria V. Snyder
The Poison Throne, The Crowded Shadows, The Rebel Prince
all by Celine Kiernan
The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea

YA Fiction

I cheated a little with this selection as some of the books are crossover fiction in that they are for younger readers or they are for adults but would appeal equally to teens. Spot those titles if you can.

Black Heart Blue by Louisa Reid
The Girl in the Mask by Marie-Louise Jensen
Torn by Cat Clarke
Wolf Blood by N.M.Browne
The Haunting of Tabitha Grey by Vanessa Curtis
Advent by James Treadwell
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
Poison Heart by S.B. Hayes
VIII by H.M. Castor
A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton
The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo
Cave of Secrets by Morgan Llywelyn
Wonder  by R.J. Pallacio
The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
The Book of Summers by Emylia Hall
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Crime/Psychological Fiction


The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths
The Sick Rose by Erin Kelly
Summertime Death by Mons Kallentoft
Mr Briggs' Hat  by Kate Colquhoun
Every Vow You Break by Julia Crouch
Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood
Blood Money by Arlene Hunt
The Dinosaur Feather by Sissel-Jo Gazan
Torn by Casey Hill
Faithful Place by Tana French

I will also be reading some titles for review but all of these books are from my own collection and will I hope  go some way towards making a dent in the enormous tbr pile.
There are a few books being published this summer which I also hope to read; Tideline by Penny Hancock, The Cornish House by Liz Fenwick and The Changeling by Phillipa Gregory.
I hope to make some headway with this challenge and will keep you all posted about how I get on.

Comments

  1. This is a very impressive undertaking Lisa. I can't wait to hear how you get on and what you feel about your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, Lisa. I do something similar when the DH starts muttering about us being crushed in bed under my falling TBR piles (yes, plural). Good luck!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Grace and Alison I'll let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment