Apologies, New Books and finally some reviews

I have been very quiet on the review front recently and for that I must apologise, especially to the authors and publishers who were kind enough to send me books to review and most especially to Daniela Sacerdoti and Janne at Black & White Publishing who sent me Dreams (Book 1 of the Sarah Midnight Trilogy) ages ago and which I have taken forever to get around to reviewing. I don't know why I have been so lax recently as my house is certainly not tidy and my own novel is certainly not finished. So what have I been doing with my time? Well apart from discovering the addictive time waster that is Twitter, I have been reading. I have received quite a few books to review recently as well as buying far too many and borrowing a few from the library. Yes surprise! even though I already have tonnes of books to read I still love my library. Also I visited two second hand bookshops recently and I can never leave one empty-handed. So the piles of books that I have recently acquired are something to behold. Check out the photos below.
Books Recently Bought, Won and Received for Review


By the way that young librarian is my nearly eight year old who thinks taking pictures of piles of books is silly and insisted I take a picture of her instead; we compromised. I took this photo at the end of last week and since then even more books have arrived.

I have received The Borrower, Part of the Spell, Losing Lila and Spy for The Queen of Scots from Stacey at We Love This Book a great website that I am really excited to be involved with and I will be reviewing those  a.s.a.p. I am already reading and loving The Borrower. I have also been asked to review Housewife with a Half-Life by the lovely and talented Alison Wells and I am really looking forward to that. If you are in Dublin check out Alison's book launch this Friday at Hughes & Hughes in Dundrum. The big grey hardback in the middle is Lisa Appignanesi's Mad, Bad and Sad which I am reading for research.  I have also been very happy to get hold of an early copy of Revived by Cat Patrick, I loved Forgotten so can't wait to read this. Other books I am really looking forward to reading this summer are The Villa by Rosanna Ley which I have already started, The Cornish House by Liz Fenwick  and Night Waking by Sarah Moss. 
A final photo shows my current collection of library books. 



Comments