Warp The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer guest review by Leah Dillon Age 10



Albert Garrick used to be the most celebrated illusionist in the West End, Known as the Great Lombardi, until during one performance, he actually sawed his beautiful assistant in half. Garrick discovered on that night that he enjoyed taking a life almost as much as he enjoyed the delighted applause from the stalls, and so the magician made a new career of assassination. Riley is Garrick’s apprentice and he must pass a test. The rules are kill or be killed. But Riley doesn’t seem to want to follow in his master’s footsteps...
I read the start of this book and I loved the author's writing style but I am sorry to say that I didn't finish it because it wasn't really suitable for me. It kind of freaked me out...
So I guess that means it's more suitable for teenagers and young adults. Then again, I'm more on the sensitive side so maybe some kids my age would like it, I don't know. Anyway, the writing is great and the plot seems very interesting so those who the book is suitable for should love it. And after the author’s Artemis Fowl series’ success, you can only expect it to be good!


Comments